What we’re looking for in a CJS job
We pride ourselves in providing meaningful jobs which support young people into sustainable employment.
A CJS job will:
- offer a minimum of 25 hours of paid work each week
- 16 hours per week for young people with disabilities or health issues
- pay at least:
- £5.90 for people aged 16-20 years
- £7.38 for people aged 21-24 years
- £7.83 for people aged 25-29 years
Where possible, we encourage our employers to offer more hours and/or a higher wage rate.
- last up to
- 52 weeks for vulnerable 16-29 year-olds
- 78 weeks for disabled young people in part-time posts (16 hrs)
- be additional and generate demonstrable community benefit
- be located in Scotland
We also expect employers to provide the following:
- an induction
- on-the job training
- support and supervision
- job search support
- a progress review at the 26/39 week stage
- an ongoing focus on assisting the individual into lasting employment
To help employers support their CJS employee there is a CJS Flexible Training Fund of £200 per CJS employee to assist with identified support and additional training costs.