At the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO), we love the voluntary sector
As the national membership organisation for charities, voluntary groups and social enterprises, our purpose is to support, promote and develop a confident, sustainable voluntary sector in Scotland.
That’s why we work in partnership with the sector to advance the interests of our 2,000+ members and the people and communities they support, giving the sector a voice at a national level and promoting and supporting innovation and improvement.
We lobby Government on policy issues, create jobs for young people and support organisations to embrace and promote digital skills. We also help with the day-to-day stuff, like affordable office space, discounted training courses, funding opportunities and information and support to help people set up and run their organisations.
- To find out what we’ve been working on over the past year, take a look at our annual review
- For for the latest updates, take a look at our press releases or follow us on Twitter
- To find out what we’re planning over the next few years, take a look at our Strategic Plan for 2019-22
- For more about the modern voluntary sector in Scotland, see our #ILoveCharity campaign page
- To find out more about working and volunteering in Scotland’s voluntary sector, take a look at our guide
- Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh EH3 6BB
HayweightHouse, 23 Lauriston Street, Edinburgh EH3 9DQ
- Brunswick House, 51 Wilson Street, Glasgow G1 1UZ
- Edward House, 199 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3EX
- Fairways House, Fairways Business Park, Slackbuie Avenue, Inverness IV2 6AA