Starts10th March 2020 09:30Ends10th March 2020 16:30TrainerMairi DamerContactHelen Swatton
0141 465 7531CostSCVO Member £100, Third sector non-member £150, Public/Private £200
- Course overview
Need to write content for websites or online platforms but need to improve your writing skills? This practical training course in copywriting and content writing for the web, and for print will help you gain the skills and confidence to write creative publicity materials.
- Overall course aim
This one day practical content writing course provides you with journalistic tips and tricks to help you:
- write better copy for websites, online platforms and print;
- identify sources of inspiration for writing creative content;
- get rid of formal report writing and school essay styles;
- learn new techniques and tips to create well-written content;
- work out who you’re writing for and why.
- Course objectives
This workshop uses practical exercises to help you:
- write content which is creative, clear and concise;
- learn to write to a deadline;
- find the right style, tone and language for your content;
- structure content to tell a story or relay a message;
- avoid bad habits, clichés and gruesome grammar.
- Who is the course aimed at?
This one day workshop is aimed at anyone who needs to write content for websites or online platforms; it is also aimed at helping improve copywriting skills for those who write promo or publicity material. The course uses tricks and techniques from journalism to encourage lateral thinking and a new approach to writing content. Using practical exercises, the workshops encourages an understanding of your readership, and how to write for them.
- Entry requirements
A willingness to join in lots of good learning AND laughter is a must!
- Other information
Each trainee must bring a laptop or tablet, and charger, that can access wi-fi with them on the day. If you are unable to bring a laptop or tablet, SCVO do have a limited amount available for use. These must be reserved in advance of the course.