Charity registered in Scotland SC032430
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesImpact Arts is a dynamic arts organisation. Established in 1994, we are a successful social enterprise, balancing innovation and creative approaches with excellent delivery, sound management and a strong ethos or collaboration and partnership. We use visual arts, music, drama, dance and technology to work in local communities with people of all ages. We use the arts as a tool for change – improving the environment, helping someone get back into work or simply improving quality of life. AIMS: Impact Arts aims to advance the arts and culture within Scotland and by doing so A) Help break the cycle of repeated homelessness. B) Help children / young people increase future life prospects. C) Reduce social isolation amongst the elderly. D) Provide employment for local artists. E) Provide the arts as a tool for physical rehabilitation.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Normally 4 days from 5 between Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 4.15pm with a 30 minute break for lunch. The jobholder should be prepared to work outside normal office working hours, including evenings and weekends if necessary
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.00 per hour
This role provides an exciting opportunity for involvement in the direct delivery of arts projects within a community setting. You will be assisting a specialist tutor in a range of practical activities, thereby learning the basics of workshop delivery and organisation. This will also provide an opportunity to develop a range of practical and personal skills and abilities.
As Creative Assistant you will also provide administration support to the projects which may include word processing, updating of databases, spreadsheets, mail duties, photocopying, maintaining stationery stock and materials.
This role requires someone who is friendly, well organised, self motivated, creative and able to demonstrate exemplary customer service. You will be expected to be proactive and use own initiative and judgement to prioritise daily tasks and use this judgement in order to forward plan in the short to medium term.
You will be open-minded, fair and non-judgmental and share Impact Arts’ vision and values.
Qualifications and Experience
• Genuine interest in the arts/design
• Qualification/experience in the arts/design or related discipline preferable
• Experience or interest in working with young people
Skills and personal qualities
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Computer literate, efficient in Microsoft Office/database/excel/e-mail and internet
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as a team and on own initiative
• Ability to work to deadlines and be punctual
• Enthusiastic, resourceful and motivated
• Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds
• A sense of humour!
Additional informationEmployer requires 2 references, 1 can be personal.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership