West Of Scotland Regional Equality Council
Charity registered in Scotland SC025038
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesThe Racial Equality Council is working for a just society which gives everyone an equal chance to learn, work and live free from discrimination and prejudice and from the fear of racial harassment and violence.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon - Fri 5 hours per day
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
1. Maintain and develop WSREC as the centre of excellence for volunteering and as a support to volunteer-involving projects
2. Interview and refer clients wishing to volunteer to volunteer involving projects/organisations, arranging appropriate support and guidance where necessary
3. Work closely with individuals requiring additional support to achieve their goal of accessing voluntary work.
4. Actively promote and publicise the benefits of volunteering to stakeholders, client groups and referring agencies through attendance at events, delivering workshops/presentations and training sessions
5. Actively identify new voluntary opportunities and work collaboratively with partner agencies to highlight gaps in provision in local services, where volunteering can fill this void
6. Deliver training to professionals with supervisory responsibilities for volunteers on a range of topics in volunteer management and support
7. Promote and develop good practice models for volunteer involving organisations covering all aspects of volunteer involvement including for example policies, practice, PVG and difficult situations
8. Monitor and evaluate service provision to those individuals requiring additional support including producing reports and occasional case studies
9. Update records of work with clients and partners on our database system
10. Represent the organisation at meetings and other external partnership meetings, with particular attention to volunteering development
11. Update media such as facebook and website to ensure that the project information is current and relevant.
12. Support the Project Managers in marketing and supporting the events and information sessions.
13. Market the projects to external agencies
14. Undergo training as required.
15. Work occasional unsociable hours
Person specificationNot supplied
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership