North Harris Trust
Charity registered in Scotland SC033413
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesThe North Harris Trust aims to manage, develop and conserve the assets of North Harris in a sustainable manner for the benefit of the community and the enjoyment of the wider public. It is one of the Hebrides' largest development trusts following a community buyout, and it owns and manages 55,000 acres on which there are over 100 crofts and, including Tarbert, over 700 inhabitants. Crofting, deer management, forestry and fish farming provide 40 local jobs.
- Job number
- Isle of Harris
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
Main duties and responsibilities
• Assist customers to unload and segregate their waste into the appropriate receptacles
• Provide advice and assistance with customer recycling queries
• Retrieve waste that can be re-used or repurposed
• Liaise with the local authority over skip movements
• To marshal traffic, especially during skip loading/unloading
• Handle money and log all receipts
• Maintain a record of skip deliveries, visitors, and any customers turned away as specified in the SEPA site licence
• Ensure the site operates within the terms of its SEPA site licence
• Maintain a safe and tidy workplace so as to minimise any risk to staff and members of the public
• Co-operate with managers/supervisors in complying with statutory Health & Safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults etc.
• Read and understand the Site Health and Safety Manual, with particular focus on the Risk Assessments
• Acting in accordance with all other reasonable instructions of the Board & Line management
The CA Site Operative will be responsible to the nominated Development Officer.
The post-holder must be prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the post. This necessitates a working pattern that includes weekends and bank holidays.
The post-holder will be required to work 25 hours per week over Tuesday to Saturday inclusive. Normal hours will be 10:00 – 16:00 with a 30 minute break for lunch and 09:00 - 12:00 on Saturday. However some flexibility in working patterns will be expected to meet the needs of the business.
Polite & helpful nature
Ability to communicate in written form
Ability to communicate verbally
Numeracy & cash handling experience
Ability to follow instructions
This job is of a physically demanding nature