Charity registered in Scotland SC029045
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesSTRiVE is the lead partner in Voluntary Action East Lothian the Third Sector Interface (TSI) for East Lothian. We provide support, learning and development opportunities for both individuals and organisations through our Volunteering, Organisational Support, Youth, Adventure and Wellbeing teams. Interfaces were created: To provide a single point of access for support and advice for the third sector within their local area. To ensure that the third sector is effectively supported and represented at the local level. They have one mission at their heart: to build empowered, resilient communities with a thriving third sector. We promote and encourage informal learning, leadership development and community capacity building across our services. Our themed forums and networks facilitate third sector participation and representation in local community planning.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Thursday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
1. Maintain and update Saltire records on the in-house database and via the Saltire Website.
2. Verify certificate requests, prepare and print certificates.
3. Provide support to young people to register for the Awards, log hours and claim certificates.
4. Assist the Youth Development Worker at Challenge events including supporting and supervising participants.
5. Answer telephone calls and general enquiries.
6. Update Website and Social Media as required.
7. Support the TSI team with other admin functions, as required.
8. Maintain and uphold the reputation, vision, mission and values of STRiVE at all times.
9. Any other reasonable duties as identified by the Executive Team or Board of Directors.
The post will
• Be based at STRiVE’s premises in Tranent, but will involve travel to other areas of East Lothian.
• Be managed by the Youth Development Worker.
• Work closely with all other STRiVE Projects.
• Offer support, supervision, professional and personal development, and appraisal.
• comply with STRiVE policies and procedures, with specific reference to Health and Safety and Child Protection
An induction training programme will be provided on commencing employment. Additional training relevant to the role will also be offered, based on individual training and development needs.
HOURS OF WORK
Contracted hours per week will be 25 hours.
Evening and weekend work will be required from time to time. Time worked in excess of contracted hours is rewarded with time off in lieu.
HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT (PRO-RATA)
28 days paid leave per year plus 6 public holidays. In addition, 5 non-transferable leave days are offered. These are St Andrew’s Day, Christmas Eve and the 3 working days between Christmas and New Year.
Reimbursement will be made for expenses incurred on business travel. Allowance for car usage will be paid at 0.40p per mile. There is no assisted car purchase or leasing scheme.
OUR VISION, MISSION & VALUES
Our Vision, Mission and Values have been developed to guide us as an organisation and individuals. They set out our aims and aspirations, alongside the principles and means by which we wish to achieve them.
Involved, active and inspired communities
We inspire and support people and organisations to develop and become active members of their community
Trust - integrity, openness and honesty
Create - dynamic and forward thinking
Inspire - inclusive and resourceful
Care - passionate about what we do
• Good organisation skills
• Good computer and ICT skills
• Ability to work independently & as part of a team
• Ability to work on own initiative & prioritise workload
• Good attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Flexible approach to working
• Ability to produce accurate work
• Knowledge & understanding of web based resources & social media
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to work under pressure
• Enjoy a challenge
• Sense of humour
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership