Charity registered in Scotland SC036972
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesEmployability Orkney was a project originally launched and funded by a partnership between Orkney Islands Council, HIE Orkney, Jobcentre Plus and Orkney Disability Forum. The remit of the partnership was to focus on the employment barriers being faced by socially excluded people in the Orkney community. This includes individuals with a learning disability, physical disability, mental health needs, alcohol/substance misuse needs, ex-offenders, care leavers, long-term unemployed and anyone who experiences a disadvantage in entering the labour market.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 4.30pm
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21 depending on age.
Duties and responsibilities
• Liaise with workshop, warehouse and showroom supervisors.
• Deliver bought items to customers.
• Assess potential donation and decide whether to accept item. Ensure the fire safety label is still attached to the soft furnishings.
• Loading and unloading van.
• Delivering stock to showroom.
• Assist showroom with stock rotation.
• Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions and irregularities.
• Work as part of a small team.
• Maintain Health & Safety by complying with risk assessment.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Record the codes of items being delivered to the shop and pass onto appropriate person.
• Courteous and polite at all times.
• Good personal hygiene.
• To wear PPE equipment supplied.
• Aware of Health & Safety.
• Physically fit.
• Good team player.
• Customer focused.
• Dress appropriately.
• Willingness to learn.
• To adhere to the Confidentiality Policy.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Good personal hygiene. Desirable
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Have confidence to assess furniture and to know when to refuse item.
• Full Driving Licence
Additional informationRestart Orkney is an emerging social enterprise that comes under the umbrella of Employability Orkney. It offers furniture and white goods recycling service which are sold on at low cost.