Charity registered in Scotland SC001723
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesArchaeology Scotland is a voluntary membership organisation that works to secure the archaeological heritage of Scotland for its people through education, promotion and support. AIMS: - Education, both formal and informal, concerning Scotland’s archaeological heritage - Promotion of the conservation, management, understanding and enjoyment of, and access to, Scotland’s archaeological heritage - Support through the provision of advice, guidance, resources and information related to archaeology in Scotland
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Can be flexible with working hours. Our office is open 7:30AM-6PM and working time can be anytime during those hours with agreement. Mon-Friday but some weekend and evening work for events.
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21
Archaeology Scotland is a charity that works to inspire people to discover, explore, care for and enjoy Scotland’s history, heritage and archaeology. We are trying to expand how we do that by creating Youtube videos, audio visual engagements on social media, a colouring book, etc. For example, we have recently worked to create a series of short YouTube videos promoting the lesser known castles around Scotland which you can see on the DigIt! TV YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN8X1dl1KHzOU2tIa_Dm47w
We are looking for someone to help us continue this sort of work and other audio and visual engagements. NO EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS REQUIRED. All training providing, all you need is enthusiasm and an interesting in making something great.
The list of duties you will be undertaking as part of this work are:
- filming and editing small videos for educational purposes;
- creating visual/audio materials for educational purposes;
- work with community groups and other organisations to produce materials with them;
- creating promotional materials using a range of mediums e.g. image, video, audio;
- promotion of events, activities, etc. using these created digital materials on social media, websites, etc.;
- content creation for websites.
As part of this job you will develop your own mini-project with the support of Archaeology Scotland's staff.
The highest weighting of applications will be placed on the personal qualities.
· Willingness to learn; essential
· Enthusiasm for heritage/history/archaeology; desirable
· Punctuality; essential
- Ability to work independent; desirable
- Ability to work as part of a team; desirable
Training for most of the required skills will be provided. Only the following skills are required:
Computer literacy- ability to use basic programs like word, excel, etc. be able to send an email; essential
You do not need to have had previous archaeological, video or audio experience.