Starter Packs Glasgow
Charity registered in Scotland SC029961
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesWe provide a hand up to those going from homelessness into their first tenancy by providing a starter pack of basic items such as crockery, bedding, pots & pans, cleaning products and toiletries. This helps those starting out to be more equipped to maintain their tenancy and have a comfortable quality of living. We use donations from the public for the majority of items in our starter packs, thereby diverting many tonnes from landfill each year.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 5 days weekly
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 dependant on age
This role involves all aspects of working in the Magpie's Eye Charity Shop, including:
• Serving customers in the shop,
• Operating the till,
• Shop floor maintenance, including cleaning duties
• Sorting donated stock,
• Merchandising of stock and creating in-store displays
• Assisting with processing stock (e.g. adding price labels)
• Assisting with the unloading of new stock from the van and storing appropriately
• Assisting customers to carry items to their car if appropriate
• All other duties as required.
• Good communication skills.
• Good levels of basic literacy and numeracy.
• An interest in customer service.
• Ability to follow instructions when given.
• Willingness to learn.
• An interest in arts, crafts or vintage items would be beneficial.
While experience is desirable, it is not essential, and the successful candidate will be trained to complete all aspects of the job appropriately.
Additional informationIf the successful candidate is interested, we are happy to put them through PAT test training so that they can PAT test donated electrical goods that come to Starter Packs Glasgow. As well as being used in our starter packs, they are also sold in the shop