Charity registered in Scotland SC025309
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesAt Tullochan we believe in them. We believe passionately that with early intervention we can help change the lives of our young people. That includes those who are most at risk of being marginalised from society, those who are disengaged and lacking positive role models and those who are alienated because they are just different.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Friday 10am -4pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 depending on age
Working with project staff, the Youth Work Assistant post will contribute to the following:
• Build positive working relationships with young people, relevant outside agencies, school representatives and Tullochan staff.
• To assist in the organisation and delivery of school programmes and youth work activities aimed at fulfilling the developmental objectives of the project and in line with areas of support required by the young people.
• To support project staff in the delivery and facilitation of the programme sessions and youth work activities
• To support project staff and assist in all aspects of administration for the assigned project.
• To support project staff in the development and preparation of project and group work materials.
• Maintain regular contact and communication with the school and project staff from partner organisations.
• To ensure safe practice and the physical, mental, social well-being of the young people and other staff members at all times.
• To assist the monitoring and evaluation of programme outcomes.
• To attend schools, courses and meetings as agreed.
• To promote the belief and ethos of the Tullochan to young people.
• Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required to successfully fulfil the objectives of Tullochan.
• Adhere to all Company Policies.
Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent IT skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Keen interest in a career in Youth Work
Values and Attributes
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Enthusiasm for working with and supporting young people
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Patient and respectful manner with all people, whatever their background or presenting behaviour
• Conscientious, committed and hard working
• Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile to support young people
• Positive thinker, creative problem solver
• Willingness to learn and take part in relevant training programmes
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership