One Parent Families Scotland
Charity registered in Scotland SC006403
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesOPFS offers specialist information and support in Dundee, Falkirk, Edinburgh, Glasgow and North Lanarkshire
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 18-25 hours depending on the requirements of the applicant. Monday-Friday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
Specific Duties include
1. Building links with parents in OPFS groups in Glasgow & Lanarkshire
2. Meet with single parents on an individual and group basis to collect feedback on the impact of Universal Credit
3. Help organise parents discussion groups on the range of social security benefits being devolved to Scotland
4. Signpost parents to services that will address their needs when required
5. Carrying out any other relevant duties related to the above.
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the time of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties, and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.
1. Understanding: of the issues and barriers facing single parents
2. IT: Competent in Microsoft packages, web & social media
3. Organisational Skills: Ability to work to agreed workplans in a timely fashion
1. Services for families: Knowledge or experience of services for children and families
2. Internet: Experience of information gathering from the Internet.
3. Personal Qualities: friendly & personable manner, flexible approach to duties.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership