The Prince's Trust (Scotland)
Charity registered in Scotland SC041198
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo inspire young people from all walks of life to meet and make a contribution to their local community/ country, while working on their own self-development.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Hours to be decided with line manager on appointment
- Salary (£/hr)
Youth charity The Prince's Trust gives practical and financial support, developing key workplace skills such as confidence and motivation. It works with 11 to 30 year-olds who are unemployed or at risk of unemployment through to underachieving in education.
The Prince’s Trust is an optimistic and ambitious organisation. This positive approach is essential if we are to inspire and motivate the most marginalised and disengaged young people to achieve their best in life.
Our Vision: Every young person should have the chance to succeed.
Our Values are:
• Approachable – we are open minded and value diversity
• Non-judgemental – we focus on the potential not the past
• Inspiring – we lead by example
• Empowering – we enable positive change
• Passionate – we are absolutely committed to supporting young people
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
• Marketing and Communication Department
• Operations Teams
• Service/Site providers and delivery partners
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. To assist with the Trust’s social media output in Scotland, helping to create content for multiple social channels including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn.
2. To assist in making sure the Scotland pages on The Prince’s Trust website are kept up-to-date with news and views and success stories, ensuring content is relevant and engaging for The Trust’s diverse range of audiences.
3. To assist in managing social media community & conversations to ensure high quality stewardship of young people and other stakeholders.
4. To assist in organising and storing photography for digital use as well as supporting colleagues in writing and editing copy for use across digital and printed communication materials.
5. To assist in formatting images and rich media, creating artwork and presentations to convey the Trust’s messages.
6. To assist with capturing and storing press clippings to support The Trust to effectively monitor media and measure success of campaigns.
7. To help to create a bank of case studies featuring young people’s good news stories that can be used in various marketing materials and press.
8. To undertake any additional duties within competence as required by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
• To supply information as required by the Marketing and Communications Manager, Digital Outreach Co-ordinator and wider team.
Skills & Knowledge:
• An understanding of some the challenges young people within The Trust’s target groups face
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Able to work independently, using initiative to problem solve.
Good copy writing and creative content creation skills.
Use of Microsoft Office applications.
Use of Social media platforms: YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
• Experience of using email, internal, word processing and spreadsheet packages, accurately with good attention to detail
• Team working, including good interpersonal skills.
• Development of creative content targeted to distinct audiences.
• Experience using social media channels to convey messages to youth audiences.
Competencies & Behaviours
• Positive attitude in supporting digital marketing and communications output and to drive own personal development.
• Able to work unsupervised on own initiative, and to meet tight deadlines.
• Creative and enthusiastic, with a practical approach to problem-solving.
• Ability to travel to attend meetings/training and work across Scotland from based location.
• Commitment to the aims, ethos and values of The Trust.
• Approachable – will be open minded and value diversity
• Non-judgemental – will focus on the potential not the past
• Inspiring – will lead by example
• Empowering – will enable positive change
• Passionate about The Prince’s Trust’s goals and delivering excellence
Ability to interact with colleagues across The Trust, particularly those in regions and countries.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership