- DEAP Ltd
Aims & objectivesThe principal object of the company is to provide an interface between the private and public sectors in order to improve job opportunities for people living in areas of the City of Dundee, as well as in Angus, that are identified as having high unemployment. This project aims to tackle barriers to employment for people living in disadvantaged areas. The project helps clients to improve their job prospects by gaining appropriate knowledge, developing skills and gaining work experience.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Between office hours Monday - Friday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- To be confirmed
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.30 per hour depending on age
1. Maintain accurate and complete records for the project in line with company policies and procedures, using computer and manual systems.
2. Prepare and issue regular reports within the prescribed timescales.
3. Maintain complete files for clients in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
4. Provide administration/secretarial support, filing, typing and dealing with correspondence etc. within given timescales.
5. Operate Office equipment such as computers, photocopier, shredder, etc. as required.
6. Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from clients and partners, and redirect enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner.
7. Maintain stationery supplies/ marketing material.
8. Participate in staff and partner meetings, preparing and taking minutes as and when required.
9. Actively market DEAP Ltd and promote positive personal/professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the company at all times.
10. Prepare and display information leaflets and posters, send out brochures etc. as and when required.
11. Attend training courses on and off site maintaining professional knowledge and competence.
12. Understand and ensure the implementation of DEAP’s Health and Safety policy and emergency and fire procedures. Reporting to the Health & Safety representative any faulty appliances, damaged furniture or any potential hazard. Promote safe working practice within the centre.
13. Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties and the security of information is maintained at all times.
14. Notify the Financial and Operations Manager or Line Manager as soon as possible of your inability to work in line with the Absence Management policy.
15. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
16. Carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by line manager or members of the management team.
• Excellent people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of clients
Excellent communication skills with a good level of basic literacy and numeracy
• Driving licence desirable but not essential
• Excellent IT skills and the ability to use a range of Microsoft packages
• Up to date knowledge of data protection and confidentiality of information
• A professional approach and an understanding of the importance of providing the right business image
• A willingness to learn on the job
Additional informationFull training will be given over all projects. PVG will be completed after initial training if required
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership