Charity registered in Scotland SC034865
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Three day shift
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- To be arranged with young person to suit their ability to get to work using public transport.
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
To engage and support young people through encouraging their participation in the project, the programme and their community.
To assist in the delivery of the Kelso Youth Project drop-in programme.
To provide informal education sessions on topics of concern to young people as well as supporting young people with CV writing, job applications, further and higher education applications, personal statements and all other appropriate transition work.
To assist in the training and support where appropriate of all young people paying special attention to the training and support needs of the Youth Committee.
To use and help maintain a network of advice and referral organisations to allow young people to access the appropriate service/s and to support them into any such service provision
Ensure that all information systems, monitoring and evaluation work and information collection are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner.
To assist the staff team of KYP in all aspects of the running of the service when required paying particular attention to their sustainability.
To ensure good governance of Cheviot Youth Kelso including the monitoring and review of its operational services.
To offer assistance when required to the staff team and the Manager regarding development of service, including the researching of new activities.
To maintain accurate and up to date information systems on all aspects of work.
To contribute to team meetings and other meetings where appropriate.
To attend all Cheviot Youth Kelso review and planning meetings.
To fulfil Cheviot Youth requirements in relation to receiving training and good practice development
POST TITLE: Youth Work Assistant
OFFICE: The Planet
• Good standard of education.
• Experience and skills in one or more of the following fields Physical Activity, Music, Film, Art, Catering and Well-Being.
• Experience of working with groups in a variety of settings
• Experience of the delivery of a range of programmes and activities to young people
• Experience of working with community/voluntary organisations
• Experience of the role of volunteer programmes in charity, community or not for profit organisations.
• Experience in monitoring and reviewing projects
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to initiate, develop and sustain effective relationships with young people
• Ability to create a supportive, safe and fun environment for young people
• Effective time management with the ability to work under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good IT skills
• An up to date knowledge of issues that affect young people
• An awareness and understanding of setting clear aims and objectives associated with youth service development
• Experience of developing community-based activities
• Aware of best practice guidelines
• Experience and understanding of monitoring and evaluation.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to motivate individuals and groups and inspire their confidence and trust
• A tactful and diplomatic approach to dealing with sensitive and confidential information
• Enthusiasm, commitment and stamina
• A flexible approach to working
• A sense of humour
• Experience of working as a member of a team
• This post necessitates daytime, evening and occasional weekend work
• Willing to travel regionally as appropriate
Additional informationThis post will play an important role within the KYP team and will be expected to carry out there duty with humour, patience and energy. It is important that the candidate wants to work in a youth work setting and does like young people.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received