Charity registered in Scotland SC017167
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesRoyal Blind provides services to blind and partially sighted (visually impaired/VI) children and adults which enable them to live without disadvantage. Our aims are to: A) Develop people’s skills and resources for independent living B) Provide support and care to meet needs C) Support people to fulfil their aspirations D) Involve blind and partially sighted people as leaders, employees and supporters and in shaping and improving the services they receive E) Be innovative and add to the diversity of available services F) Provide written and spoken text in accessible formats G) Empower young people to become confident individuals, successful learners, effective contributors and responsible citizens H) Enrich education and care provision in all education sectors in Scotland and beyond, enabling the fullest possible inclusion of visually impaired and multiple disabled pupils and students.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Shift work between 8am and 5.30pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- To a schedule agreed by supervisor
- Salary (£/hr)
- 9.00 per hour
1. Main Purpose:
The post holder is part of the Kitchen/Housekeeping team. He/she is required to provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment to enable the kitchen and home to function effectively.
2. Specific Responsibilities:
• Assist in the preparation of high quality food.
• Clean areas as detailed in the work schedule.
• Assist with the service of meals.
• Clear up/wash up after meals.
• Ensure Food Hygiene and Health & Safety recommendations are complied with.
• Advise the Chef of any concerns in relation to good practice.
• Undertake any such duties as may reasonably be requested
• Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to residents including their care and welfare, as set out in the Confidentiality Policy.
• Report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures.
• Be aware of and adhere to:
* the relevant health and safety regulations.
* COSHH guidelines.
* Infection Control policy. This includes use of personal protective equipment, uniform and jewellery guidelines
* Food Safety guidelines.
* Fire Policy and Evacuation Procedures.
* Maintain confidentiality of information regarding residents, families and friends at all times.
3. General Responsibilities:
• Adhere to and work within all pertinent policies and procedures at Jenny’s Well.
• Demonstrate awareness of Royal Blind policies and procedures.
• Attend mandatory training and any additional training as needed.
• Demonstrating a flexible approach in meeting the specific requests or needs of the residents.
• Participate in staff/residents meetings if required.
• Undertake other duties as requested by the Chef/Assistant Chef.
Education and qualifications: No formal qualifications required
Key Skills and Abilities :Good organisational skills
Effective team working
Willingness and ability to maintain confidentiality
Good verbal communication skills
Ability to develop good relationships with
A good attendance and timekeeping record
Ability to organise time effectively, create work
schedules and prioritise workloads
Ability to follow instruction and work closely with a
Flexible approach to meal provision to meet
Experience: Experience of working within a team environment
Personal: Willingness to undertake training
Understanding manner towards people
A flexible approach to working hours is expected to
meet business needs
Education & Qualifications: Food hygiene certificate
Key Skills & Abilities: Ability to work on own initiative
Experience: Experience of working in a similar role
Experience and ability to use a computer and undertake
Knowledge: Working knowledge of COSHH guidelines
Working knowledge of food safety guidelines
• Experience and ability to use a computer and undertake basic tasks
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received