Charity registered in Scotland SC006872
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesAim: Youth 1st exists to support and develop high quality work and educational opportunities for young people. Working with our network of clubs, projects and young people we seek to provide enjoyable activities that help young people to develop the skills and attitudes they need to become fulfilled and effective citizens. Activities: Formed in 1938, Youth 1st is the largest, non-uniformed organisation working with and for the young people of Fife. Each year many youth clubs and groups, currently 70 with about 5,000 members, from throughout Fife, affiliate to Youth 1st. Many are organised and run by volunteers. We offer an interesting and varied programme of opportunities for young people and adults including - training and seminars on various issues, sports and fun days for juniors. In addition, we offer support and advice to our members and have developed excellent youth work initiatives.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Generally 9 to 4 during the week. May be evening shifts finishing no later than 9pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
Overview of role
This is an exciting opportunity to assist a local charity which is focused on empowering voluntary youth organisations, volunteers and young people to be more active and productive in their communities.
Our core purpose is to act as a hub of information and resources to support Fife’s youth groups and organisations and their youth workers who enable young people to realise their full potential.
This is a hands on role that will suit someone who keen to get involved with what we do, able to communicate effectively and willing to tackle a range of tasks. They will work as part of the team to deliver and develop support to Youth 1st’s member groups (as detailed in the Service Level Agreement with Fife Council) in an effective and cost efficient manner ensuring that members and youth workers gain the maximum benefit from their membership.
• Promoting Youth 1st in a positive and exciting manner, resulting in appropriate groups becoming members of the network.
• Promoting the activities, events and training opportunities offered by Youth 1st and partner organisations in a lively and interesting manner. Ensuring that all youth workers and members groups are informed of all the opportunities and encouraging them to participate.
• Updating appropriate Social Media Sites.
• Assist the Operations Manager to develop and implement a Social Media plan.
• Visiting groups regularly as a ‘Roving Reporter’ to showcase what our members do via Social Media.
• Meeting with youth workers and volunteers providing them with relevant information about activities, youth work issues and developments.
• Regularly updating and editing the VYN E-bulletin.
• Promoting the events and training programme via E-bulletins and Social Media
• Answering telephone calls and emails from our members and network partners
• Photocopying/printing paperwork for events and meetings
• Assisting with the preparation of events
• Attending staff and Board meetings (as required).
• Other reasonable duties as identified by the Operations Manager and/or Board.
Further Information: Please email email@example.com
The successful candidate will have responsibilities across a broad range of activities requiring a mature attitude and a range of skills.
• The ability to work unsupervised.
• Have some basic administration skills including using Microsoft Office and using the telephone.
• Have skills with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Ability to communicate clearly and invite support and assistance from others where necessary.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
Additional informationConditions: • The team are required to wear a provided Youth 1st t-shirt and a staff identification badge • Attend training either internal or external as required and relevant • Appropriate claims for out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership