Mcsence Communications Ltd
Charity registered in Scotland SC037156
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesMcSence Communication was formed in 2005 following discussions between the McSence Group and the Thalidomide Trust which highlighted the need for training and employment opportunities for people with physical disabilities. From the initial discussions with the Thalidomide trust we now work in partnership with a number of local and national organisations in the delivery of our services. Our training and work experience programme is accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority and provides IT, customer service and job search skills training to people who are looking to move back into employment. IT training and assessment is delivered in a series of modules which have been developed in conjunction with Edinburgh University Settlement's Community Learning Centre. The success of our training programme was recognised by our success at the Enterprising Solutions Award in 2007.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon- Friday 5 hours per day between 9 and 2
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
The McSence Group is an award winning Social Enterprise which is owned by the Community in which it is based and is governed by an unpaid board of volunteer Directors. All profits made by the group are either invested in new business ventures or returned to the community in the form of grants to voluntary bodies or individuals in need.
McSence Communication Limited is part of this group and provides Conference Centre facilities, Catering, Training in Health and Social Care, Training in Construction Skills, Handyperson services and Home Help provision.
The job is to provide administration support to the management team. The postholder will undertake administration duties to support our Care at Home company and Training Operations. They will also record bookings and undertake photocopying for Customers. Other duties will include handling telephone enquiries.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Carry out daily administration tasks including photocopying, mail distribution, preparing documentations
• Ordering Supplies
• Updating client information onto computer applications under direction of supervisor
• Sorting through completed paperwork ensuring it is filled out correctly
• Answer phone messages and log phone calls and pass on to appropriate person
• Ensure accurate filing of documentation
• Record referrals and provide support using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Set up client files and other ad hoc duties
• Assist in preparing training materials and induction paperwork
A reliable, motivated and energetic person, PC aware with a friendly and cheery personality. A willingness to learn and work hard and the ability to deal with increasing responsibilities either working alone or within a team.