- Dumfries Baptist Church Centre
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- varied between 7:00 - 22:00
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.45 - £8.72 per hour depending on age
• Caretaking duties set up of rooms according to user requirements (including refreshments), disposal of waste and ensuring rooms are clean and ready for use.
• Liaise with the Facilities Supervisor on work schedules, allocation of duties, out of hours requirements and Centre Users’ needs.
• Carry out any planned seasonal arrangements as appropriate.
• Clean and maintain Dumfries Baptist Church Centre: including café, auditorium, sports hall, hard and carpeted floors, meeting rooms, toilets, changing rooms and offices.
• Cleaning surfaces, floor and equipment.
• Dishwasher use for cutlery, crockery and utensils.
• Cleaning surfaces.
• Clearing tables, to kitchen.
• Cleaning café area including tables.
Maintenance of Centre Facilities
• Actively participate in maintaining an effective records system as identified by the Centre Manager.
• Undertake ongoing inspections of the premises and advise the Centre Manager of defects.
• Carry out general ground maintenance work in agreement with the Centre Manager.
Health and Safety
• Ensure personal work practices meet the requirements of H&S and other relevant legislation as identified by the Centre Manager.
• Assist in the maintenance of appropriate records.
Appropriate other tasks may be performed to help develop a strong CV.
Previous experience in facilities or janitorial work is desirable but candidates with a good range of suitable skills are encouraged to apply.
Skills and knowledge
• Understanding of Health and Safety
• Knowledge of cleaning procedures/processes, products and equipment
• Knowledge of building maintenance procedures
• Conscientious, honest, practical, reliable
• Willing to learn
• Good communicator
• Good interpersonal skills with a focus on the customer
• Able to work unsupervised
• Able to reflect the values and mission of Dumfries Baptist Church Centre in all dealings with staff, congregation members and visitors to the centre.
Additional informationClosing date of 7th August 2020.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership