Martins Memorial Church
Charity registered in Scotland SC000753
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Will involve evening and weekends
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £7.00 (16-20) £8.20 (21-24) £8.72 (25-29)
To Support the youth worker and develop the youth work of the Shed Project. To work with existing staff and volunteers in developing stronger links within the youth community.
• To build relationships with disaffected young people in the community.
• To help co-ordinate existing youth work and to partner with volunteers in developing the current provision.
• To assist in partnering with other agencies in support of young people in the community e.g. schools, college.
• Through the Shed create a safe and non judgemental environment in order that disaffected youth might find a place where they are welcomed, appreciated, and where they can share their journey with others.
• To attend relevant training courses organised by the church and other relevant agencies.
Understanding of youth work
Able to engage with those of different faiths and none
An understanding of the Christian faith and ethos
Flexibility / adaptability in the workplace
A team player, able to work with paid staff and volunteers
Additional informationA great opportunity to join the youth team at The Shed in delivering dynamic and fun youth activities
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership