- All Cleaned Up (Scotland) Limited
Aims & objectivesAll Cleaned Up (Scotland) Ltd is a Social Firm that is wholly owned by its parent organisation Apex Scotland. We are committed to offering high quality services to our commercial customers that exceed their expectations. More importantly as a social enterprise we aim to create real jobs for the people that Apex Scotland supports who are often deemed disadvantaged in the employment market. The people are in the main ex offenders The Company's objects are: A) To relieve the poverty of offenders and those at risk of becoming offenders and their wives, partners, children and dependents who are in need. B) To advance the education, training and employment prospects of offenders, those at risk of becoming offenders and ex-offenders. C) To provide employment and workplace opportunities to offenders, those at risk of becoming offenders and ex-offenders.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
Purpose of Job
Working alone or with others, you will provide a robust cleaning and/or clearance service that meet or exceed the customer’s expectations and that complies with recognised good practice standards. You will do so in a manner so as to ensure, the health, safety and welfare of both yourself and all others.
Job Specific Responsibilities
The technician will:
1. Maintain an acceptable level of personal hygiene when cleaning keeping yourself and the area where you are working clean and tidy
2. You will assess (or take instruction on) the appropriate level of Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) required and ensure that it is appropriate and is used in line with current good practice
3. Working alone or with others you will carry out delegated cleaning or clearance activities using appropriate equipment to the task in hand abiding by schedules supplied. You will use the most appropriate technique to clean or clear the surface or area as determined at that time. This will be particularly relevant when you have been asked to work in a high risk or contaminated area
4. You will handle equipment and cleaning solutions securely and safely handling them in line with manufactures instructions.
5. Provide (if possible and approved) a role as designated driver for the squad during daily activities. If you are unable to drive then you will carry out the role as squad navigator assisting the person driving
6. Understand written and verbal instructions on the use of equipment and the handling of materials/machinery
7. Complete necessary paperwork including job cards and personal time sheets
8. Will assist with skills transfer activities so as to ensure that those individuals working on placement(with them or others) have the opportunity to learn new and relevant skills
9. You will ensure that all movement activities (of plant, equipment or materials) is done so in a safe and secure manner
Business and Personal Development
The technician will:
10. Take ownership for self development by highlighting opportunities and agreeing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) with your line manager. Actively pursue continuous improvement in performance, skills and knowledge. Participate as required in appropriate activities across the organisation including Best Practice Working or advisory groups, planning and personal development opportunities.
11. Be open to change and encourage innovation.
Organisation and Legal Responsibilities
The Technician will:
12. Ensure that all work practices are carried out in line with Apex Scotland policy and procedure with a particular focus on Health, safety and welfare policy/procedures
13. Ensure that no one is put a risk by any of the activities undertaken during the course of duties undertaken
14. Take good care of organisational assets and resources immediately reporting any deficiencies and/or damage to your line manager
15. You will work in an environmentally friendly way to ensure that all waste is disposed of in a way that minimises environmental damage or cost to the organisation
The Technician will:
16. Do their job in a customer friendly way by following the dress code and engage with customers and colleagues in a courteous manner.
17. To show consideration to customers and share information about how you will deliver a service to them taking care of their property and/or belongings whilst doing so
18. Promote ‘All cleaned up’ and its parent organisation Apex Scotland by representing both their interests in a professional and courteous manner.
19. Work flexibly and undertake other service delivery activities that are particular to their specific function within the job role.
Can navigate using navigation aids like sat-nav or a map
Has worked in a customer facing environment
Current driving licence*
Understands the need for personal development
Waste management qualification e.g. waste awareness certificate
First aid qualification e.g. appointed person
CSCS Card Holder
Knowledgeable (Specialist skills)
Additional informationFull training given including vocational qualifications. Weekly tool box talks. Monthly 1-1 support recorded in personal development log.