Charity registered in Scotland SC042940
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesAim: We provide practical help to people facing crisis through poverty and/or homelessness. SHAX provides essential furniture and household items to local people in crisis need. We do this especially for people moving from emergency accommodation to a new permanent tenancy, through a referral process from Support Agencies. We also provide volunteering and work placement opportunities. The organisation is established for charitable purposes only, and in particular, the objects are to work in partnership to: A) Provide relief of poverty of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage through provision of essential furniture and household goods to local people and families in need in transition from emergency accommodation to a permanent tenancy in Nithsdale and Dumfries and Galloway. B) Provide relief of poverty of those in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage through provision of support and essential furniture and household goods to local people and families residing in low income housing. C) Encourage and enable the continued development of better resourced more people-centred and collaborative local services to reduce homelessness and the impact of being homeless. D) To educate and promote the local community to have an informed understanding of homelessness locally. E) To encourage and enable the provision of quality volunteering and employability skills training, especially for longer-term unemployed people.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Friday between 9 to 5
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21 per hour depending on age
Accountable to: The Social Enterprise Manager via the Warehouse Supervisor
Main working contacts: Other SHAX staff, our volunteers, customers and officers of partner agencies.
Main purpose of post: To undertake warehouse and delivery duties as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor
1. To receive, clean, sort and display stock deliveries
2. To assist the van driver with donations and deliveries
3. To keep public and working areas clean and tidy
4. To carry out quality checks on recycled goods
5. To liaise with customers as required on the sales floor
6. To sort and prepare goods for recycling
1. This job involves manual handling therefore the post holder must have a good level of fitness
2. Ability to communicate/liaise with a wide range of people including our staff, volunteers and members of the public
3. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
Additional informationAll jobs are subject to change from time to time and this job description will be reviewed regularly. Any training needs will be provided in house or by an accredited training provider.