Action For Children (Scotland)
Charity registered in Scotland SC038092
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesAction for Children (formerly NCH) is the largest UK provider of services to disabled children and their families, children's services in rural areas, family and community centres, and services for young people leaving care. It currently runs over 60 projects throughout Scotland which offer services to children and young people and families. Projects include family centres, and projects for care leavers and the young homeless.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Not supplied
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £8.75 per hour
1. To provide practical care and support interventions to service users and their families, as advised.
2. To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and others whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
3. To undertake home or site visits and meetings, as advised
4. To develop effective working relationships with service users, external agencies and Action for Children colleagues to support the positive outcomes for service users and their families.
5. Attend training courses or through induction processes to demonstrate familiarity and comply with Action for Children’s practice standards.
6. As a member of the team to contribute to the provision of quality, stimulating and safe activities.
7. To be alert to and refer concerns of child protection and safeguarding issues to line management for their action.
8. Adhere to service processes and procedures through the accurate and timely completion of forms and other documentation using manual or computerised systems and procedures.
9. Undertake administrative tasks, utilising office systems, processes and Microsoft outlook packages, with a view to maintain the effective and quality provision of services.
10. To undertake tasks, as directed the care /service plan lead.
1. This post is subject to an Enhanced criminal record disclosure check. This will be applied for through the relevant disclosure body depending on the geographic location of role.
2. Achieve the highest standards of safeguarding, whether through direct care provision or support activities to the children and young people who come into contact with our services, or by appropriately reporting concerns about any child or young person
3. To promote equality, inclusion, respect and fairness and where applicable to manage diversity in all areas of planning and service delivery, through an active involvement in implementing our equality and diversity policy
4. To commit to Action for Children’s core aim of ‘keeping the child at the centre’, and to promote and incorporate Action for Children’s Participation Strategy as appropriate to your role.
5. To be familiar with and comply with Health & Safety procedures and policy. In the event of any serious risk, take immediate action to reduce this risk and inform line management
6. Action for Children operates within a constantly changing environment and as such work priorities and targets may change. Management reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the job purpose and accountabilities.
7. Such other duties that occasionally arise, which fall within the purpose of the post
8. To work cross functionally with other departments and countries to ensure that Action for Children’s Values and strategic objectives are achieved.
To provide direct support to children, young people and their families as guided or required, to achieve positive and agreed outcomes.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received