National Autistic Society Scotland
Charity registered in Scotland SC039427
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesWe are the leading UK charity for people with autism (including Asperger syndrome) and their families. With the help of our members, supporters and volunteers we provide information, support and pioneering services, and campaign for a better world for people with autism. Our local branches provide a hub where parents, carers and people with autism can get help, access services, support each other and meet other people and families in similar situations. NAS Scotland is part of UK wide organisation.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Weekdays, hours dependent on successful applicant
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £8.75 per hour
• Providing a first point of contact for businesses that are interested in our Autism Friendly Award.
• Talking to businesses about the benefits of becoming “autism-friendly” and explaining the steps they need to take to secure the Award.
• Maintaining a register of the businesses we are in contact with.
• Using this register to coach businesses through the process of achieving the Award.
• Working with colleagues and volunteers to arrange training and awareness-raising talks for interested businesses.
• Working with colleagues to raise awareness of businesses that receive the Award in the media.
• As a member of the external affairs team, supporting colleagues with media, policy and campaigns work.
The successful candidate will be:
• Able to use email, Word and Excel.
• Confident speaking on the phone and in person.
• Calm, friendly and professional.
• Interested in media and/or politics.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received