Charity registered in Scotland SC002072
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo promote mental health; promote understanding of mental ill health and to spread information on the facilities and services available; co-operate with statutory authorities to develop welfare of people suffering from mental health problems; promote and encourage co-operation with and amongst other voluntary bodies; where possible to provide, and to assist and support the provision of, facilities within the community for people suffering from mental health problems; promote the understanding and improvements of the rights and interests of people suffering from mental health problems.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Friday
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- To be decided in agreement with successful candidate
- Salary (£/hr)
- £8.75 per hour
To support the Recovery (Adult and Young People) College facilitators to develop and deliver appropriate learning and support materials for people who access Mindspace resources. The Trainee Recovery Facilitator will work alongside colleagues, partner providers and people with lived experience of mental ill health to co-produce, co-deliver and establish a programme of self –help, awareness and factual information sessions.
1. To work alongside facilitators and people with lived experience and partners to bring together different expertise to co-produce and co-deliver a structured programme of learning to support wellbeing and recovery.
2. Alongside facilitators develop learning materials in line with Recovery College values.
3. Alongside facilitators undertake setting up of learning spaces for Recovery College activities.
4. Support facilitators and people with lived experience to participate in external forums, workshops and events to promote Mindspace.
5. Support facilitators to collect relevant assessment and evaluation data in accordance with GPDR and confidentiality policies.
6. Support facilitators to undertake quality assurance processes.
7. In conjunction with Peer Support Hub Co-ordinator:
a. Assist with Peer Support Hub administration duties.
b. Gain a solid understanding of the PSH and the services offered.
c. Gather the appropriate data for ESF funding purposes in compliance with Mindspace GDPR and confidentiality policies.
8. Contribute to the development of Mindspace vision and strategic direction.
9. With support from the Communications Officer support the management of bookings, learning event attendees, and publicity of service through social media.
10. Participate in team meetings and provide practical support to colleagues.
11. In partnership with manager identify learning needs through reflection on performance and participation in supervision and appraisal.
Professional/Educational Qualifications National Four / Five English
Relevant Work /Other Experience Ability to use Microsoft packages
Good interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
A calm but practical approach to problem solving Digital and social media awareness
Lived experience of mental health issues is viewed positively
Particular Skills / Abilities Non-judgemental approach
Active listener Awareness of diversity issues
Awareness and interest of mental health issues
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received