- New Start Northern Limited
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday to Saturday 9.00 to 4.30
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST
To assist the Shop Supervisor to serve and assist customer needs in the New Start Highland Charity shop.
MAIN TASKS & DUTIES
1. To assist the Shop Supervisor and to attend to customer needs in the New Start Highland shop.
2. To assist with sorting, pricing and displaying of sale-able items on the shop floor, adhering to Health & Safety policies at all times.
3. To serve, operate and balance the till ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed.
4. To work closely and liaise with the Shop Supervisor to ensure efficiency and smooth running of the shop.
5. To cover any position on the shop floor in times of absenteeism and if possible during times of annual leave.
6. To ensure that New Start’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times including Health and Safety and Confidentiality.
Undertake any other related duties required by New start Highland which are consistent with the aims and objectives of the organisation.
The post holder will be required to attend training when appropriate which will enhance awareness, skills and understanding of the post.
SUPERVISION & GUIDANCE
It is intended that supervision and guidance will be available from the Shop Supervisor initially but thereafter the post holder will be expected to use their own skills and initiative to fulfill the post.
Ideally the post holder should have experience of working within a retail environment.
Teamwork and communication skills are essential to this post.
COMPLEXITY OF THE JOB
The post holder will be expected to assist the Shop Supervisor with all aspects of the shop floor to ensure that a high quality retail service is provided to the Caithness and Sutherland public.
Person specificationNot supplied
Additional informationThis contract has a three month probationary period