Mid-Lin Day Care Ltd
Charity registered in Scotland SC034269
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday - Thursday 11.00-16.00 Friday 10.30-16.30
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
To carry out support with service users in line with personal plans.
To maintain the privacy, dignity, choice and independence of service users in line with National Care Standards.
Assist to create a supportive environment in service users can achieve maximum independence.
• To carry out support with service users in line with personal plans
• To maintain the privacy, dignity, choice and independence of service user’s in line with National Care Standards
• Assist to create a supportive environment in which service users can achieve maximum independence.
• Adhere to Mid-Lin Day Care’s policies and procedures at all times in carrying out duties.
• Main Activities
Provide practical, physical, social and emotional care/support in relation to the identified needs arising from the individual’s personal plan.
You will be required to be sensitive and responsive to the race, culture, religion, age, disability, gender and sexuality of the service user who is receiving care and their representatives.
Assist and deliver care according to the individual service user’s specific identified needs.
Your duties will include:
• Assisting service users with personal care respecting privacy and dignity at all times
• Assisting service users with eating and drinking when required
• Assisting service users to participate in activities
• Communicate effectively with service users and family members
• Team working (staff and volunteers)
• Observe and follow Mid-Lin Day Care’s Health and Safety policy and other relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
• Escort service users to and from home on Mid-Lin transport when required.
• Support service user to maintain their independence
• When required assist service user with eating and drinking
• Support service user to participate in a range of activities
• Assist in the management of continence
• Information sharing with team members, as appropriate, as well as family members and other relevant bodies
• Support service user to exercise choice as appropriate to their individual abilities
• Assist with light household duties which may include: Laundry, dusting, vacuuming, tidying, helping with dishes, shopping
• Other Duties
• Provide support to other staff members and volunteers at Mid-Lin
• Assist in arranging transport arrangements for service users
• Appropriate other duties which may be part of a service user’s care plan.
• This is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required to be undertaken in relation to the role or Care Assistant/Domestic
Social Care Assistant
• Willingness to undertake the relevant level of training and development for the role
• Working in a customer related environment
• General Aptitude. Ability to support service users' needs in a professional manner, ensuring privacy, dignity and independence are promoted
• Motivation, A positive attitude and commitment to tackling loneliness and social isolation with regards to older people. Ability to follow instructions and work under pressure.
• Knowledge, Awareness of the National Care Standards and relevant codes of practice appropriate to the setting.
• Specific Skills, Ability to work on own initiative. Be able to work according to specific care tasks as per support plans in place.
• Interpersonal Skills, the ability to form professional working relationships with service users who attend the centre. The ability to form positive relationships with Mid-Lin Day Care's team of staff and volunteers.
• Team Skills, the ability to communicate as part of a team and to share relevant information.
• Previous training which may be relevant to the role
• Previous experience working in a care setting and assisting in personal care needs
• Previous experience in working with older people and the ability to relate to them
• Previous experience working with volunteers
• Interpersonal Skills, Previous experience of interacting with people within a care setting.
• Forward JCP/SDS application to Shaun Duff at Mid-Lin Day Care Ltd
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership