Inverclyde Carers Centre
Charity registered in Scotland SC038583
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesInverclyde Carers Centre provides support to unpaid Carers that look after relatives or friends, who could not manage alone due to illness, disability, addiction or frailty. Since it began the centre has supported over 6000 Carers. Information, advice and services available at our centre are accessible to all adult Carers living in Inverclyde and are free of charge. These services include supporting Carers through within hospital settings, relaxation therapies, counselling, support groups, information, short breaks, training and social opportunities. The support and information which we provide informs, reassures and often enables Carers to sustain their caring role. The centre is the focal point for Carers locally providing an invaluable chance to talk to others in similar situations, share experiences thereby reducing the isolation experienced by many.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
To provide administrative support to colleagues, managers and board members.
To provide a sensitive and welcoming reception to Carers and centre visitors
* To respond to initial enquiries and deal with these appropriately
* To arrange appointments for Carers to speak with centre staff or visiting professionals
* To maintain records of people accessing the centre and groups
* To sort, record and distribute mail
* To ensure centre is free from hazards
* To liaise with other organisations in sharing information which is of particular relevance to Carers.
* To display accurate and current information throughout the centre.
* To record orders placed, reconcile invoices and process payments
* To assist with annual inventory check and record changes throughout year.
* To undertake other duties as appropriate to the post
Values are a set of ethical or operating principles and beliefs that guide decision making within Inverclyde Carers Centre. These values set out a picture of how we will strive to work with all people involved with our service:
* to exceed Carer expectations in delivering high quality information, support and services.
* to treat people with respect, dignity and courtesy.
* to work together as one team for the good of Carers.
* to ask Carers views and ensure their best interests are at the heart of decision making.
* to treat Carers fairly and equally.
* to be ethical, honest and open.
* to be accountable and responsible for the support and services we provide.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualities
* National 4 Admin and IT qualification or equivalent
* Experience of using social media platforms such as facebook and websites
* Excellent standard of written English
* Excellent telephone manner
* Ability to work on own initiative with supervision
* Must be capable of setting priorities for own work with support
* Enthusiastic and organised individual who can remain calm under pressure
Desirable Skills, Experience and Qualities
* Understanding of the impact of caring on carers gained from personal or professional experience
* Understanding of support available to carers.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership