- New Start Northern Limited
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Mon -Fri 8.30 to 4.30 tbc
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £5.90 - £7.83 per hour depending on age
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST
To assist the Warehouse Manager to serve and assist customer needs providing quality second hand furniture at the New Start Highland shops.
MAIN TASKS & DUTIES
1. To assist the Warehouse Manager and to attend to customer needs in the New Start Highland Outlet.
2. To assist with striping down, sanding, repainting, repairing and enhancing of second hand furniture whilst adhering to Health & Safety policies at all times.
3. To undertake any relevant on the job training.
4. To work closely and liaise with the Warehouse Manager to ensure the up-cycle area is tidy and efficiently run and organised whilst adhering to Health & Safety regulations.
5. To cover any position in the Warehouse in times of absenteeism and if possible during times of annual leave.
6. To ensure that New Start’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times including Health and Safety and Confidentiality.
Undertake any other related duties required by New start Highland which are consistent with the aims and objectives of the organisation.
The post holder will be required to attend training when appropriate which will enhance awareness, skills and understanding of the post.
SUPERVISION & GUIDANCE
It is intended that supervision and guidance will be available from the Warehouse Manager initially but thereafter the post holder will be expected to use their own skills and initiative to fulfill the post.
Ideally the post holder should have experience of working with hand tools however training will be given.
Teamwork and communication skills and a friendly and polite manner are essential to this post.
Person specificationNot supplied
Additional informationThere is a 1 month probation with this position