Grassmarket Community Project
Charity registered in Scotland SC041674
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesThe Grassmarket Community Project offers a mixture of education programs, social enterprise and social integration activities. Currently these are delivered through cookery, gardening, woodwork, art, music and textiles programs. Free meals are served to participants in the project as well as those in need. The Grassmarket Community Project, a partnership between the Grassmarket Mission and Greyfriars Kirk, is about supporting people through transitions in their lives and about re-connecting disengaged people. This is the ethos that underpins all the elements from cooking to social integration, work opportunities to social contact, advice to arts. Though founded on work with those traditionally labelled ‘homeless,’ this project has been extended to adults who are facing ‘deep social exclusion’ and have been marginalised by lack of opportunity, skills and aspiration.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- 4 x 4 hours a day
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
We are currently recruiting a Reception Admin Assistant for busy city centre Events and Conferencing centre – to provide information, signpost and direct our members, customers and volunteers. Our ideal candidate will have a warm friendly welcoming disposition. Have excellent telephone answering skills. Enjoy working with the public and vulnerable adults. They should be proficient in sending and managing emails, word processing and using basic excel and data inputing.
Due to the nature of our social enterprise we need someone that is reliable and shows patience, compassion and understanding.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• • Provide a professional “front-of-house” response to all telephone, email and in-person enquiries from members and the general public.
• Assist with event space enquiries.
• Provide efficient office services including dealing with mail, filing and photocopying.
• In conjunction with the Office & Building Manager, update the members’ database and prepare reports as required.
• Assist with the preparation of posters and notices for reception and the café area at the Grassmarket Centre.
• Ensure the office is tidy, well organised and provides a safe working environment for employees and volunteers.
• Liaise with project members and volunteers.
• The above is not exhaustive and may include any other reasonable requests.
Key Skills and Experience
• Interest in working with adults dealing with mental health issues, addictions and/or homelessness
• Interest in a career in administration
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organisation and time management skills and ability to use initiative
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership