KeyStone is a management toolkit and information resource for organisations that manage buildings such as village halls, community centres, youth premises and sports facilities.
It will help you:
- meet the legal and regulatory requirements for running your building
- provide a framework to organise your files, documents and information
How does it work?
The toolkit is based on a series of checklists on a number of different topics including governance, managing people, managing money, managing resources, working with users and legislation and regulation. These are supported by information and guidance in the ‘things to think about’ section and links to resources in the ‘where to get help’ section. You can download each checklist and work through them in your own time, or you can dip in for help with particular issues. If you complete all the checklists you can be confident that your organisation is well managed and looks after its building, staff, trustees, volunteers and users.
The KeyStone Award
The KeyStone Award is given to organisations who can show by assessment that they have completed all the checklists. SCVO no longer directly supports the award element of KeyStone. However the award is supported by partners in the following areas and you should contact the partner directly for information on how to get support and take part.
- Glasgow – In Glasgow the delivery of KeyStone is led by the Glasgow KeyStone Strategic Group which includes representation from Glasgow’s Third Sector Interface, Glasgow Life and Glasgow City Council. For further information contact Karen Latta on 0141 276 9906, email@example.com.
- Orkney – Voluntary Action Orkney are happy to support halls to work through the checklists and carry out the assessment for the award. Contact Edwina Lloyd Edwina.Lloyd@vaorkney.org.uk
- Dumfries and Galloway – the hub can offer Keystone support and issue awards in D & G for those who want to do more than a self-assessment toolkit. Contact Karen Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a number of KeyStone folders available to keep your checklists and documents tidy.
Contact our Engagement Officer Sandra Hogg at email@example.com for a folder, further information or to discuss KeyStone.