SCVO has a long and active history with the European Union and European civil society. We work with our partners and networks across Europe on areas of mutual interest. These include:
- shaping and influencing European policy
- providing information and representing the interests of the sector in European Funding
- encouraging and promoting participative democracy
- sharing best practice from across Europe
- collaborating on joint campaigns and projects
- providing up to date information and advice to our members and partners
We are between EU budgets which means the amount or nature of future funding for the voluntary sector is unclear.
The next EU budget will see around £800 million come to Scotland for areas such as jobs, employability, social inclusion, community led local development, poverty and the environment.
With matched funding from government, public agencies, local authorities, the lottery, communities and philanthropy this pot will double to £1.6 billion. This transformational amount of money could bring real benefits to the people and communities our sector serve.
SCVO is working hard to make sure that the voluntary sector has a central role in the architecture, governance, monitoring and delivery of these funds.
SCVO is working hard to make sure that the voluntary sector has a central role in the architecture, governance, monitoring and delivery of European funding.
SCVO European Network
Join our mailing list for all the latest news.