Building resilience & self confidence and handling difficult conversations
Starts3rd March 2020 09:30Ends3rd March 2020 16:30TrainerMark DouglasContactHelen Swatton
0141 465 7531Cost
SCVO Member £100, Third sector non-member £150, Public/Private £200
- Course overview
We're delighted to offer a second date of this brand new course in an exciting new partnership with Blue Ptarmigan, who are people focused performance specialists. Trainer Mark Douglas has extensive experience in the design and delivery of people based ‘development interventions’ for the third sector, SME’s and public sector bodies.
We all have moments of self-doubt and wonder if we can really achieve what is being asked of us. The world of work can be a tough and lonely place where perceived rejection and failure is tough to handle. Sometimes, the ‘stories we tell ourselves’ can hold you back; you can end up questioning your ability and your worth. Your ability to continue on and keep your self-belief is a key attribute to achieving both work and personal success.
After all, “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark’, Michelangelo.
- Overall course aim
This one-day course aims to provide you with the tools to:
- a greater awareness of what resilient people do that sets them apart from others.
- develop your power of perseverance with some practical approaches.
- enhanced confidence in dealing with rejection and perceived failure.
- a greater awareness of what triggers your self doubt and negative feelings.
- better handle difficult conversations and day-to-day conflict.
- clarity around what you need to start, stop and continue doing in order to build your resilience and greater self belief.
- Course objectives
This hands on course will help you understand how self-doubt can manifest itself andimpact your physical being, performance and day-to-day work. You’llshare strategiesthat build resilience and self-confidence to ensureyou have the tools to tackle typical hurdles and challenges. You’ll discover how to betterhandle difficult situations or scenarios, including difficult conversations and day to day conflict.
- Who is the course aimed at?
This one day course is aimed at anyone who wantsa new approachto better manage difficult conversations at work. It is for anyone who feel they lose out because they lack confidence, and want to turn that around.
- Entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements
Please note this course is now fully booked!