At the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO), we love the third sector
As the national membership organisation for Scotland’s charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises, we know first-hand how big a difference just one determined person can make – but we also know that everyone needs support sometimes.
That’s why we work in partnership with the third sector to advance the interests of our 1,800+ members and the people and communities they support, to help make Scotland a better place for everyone.
We lobby Government on policy issues, create jobs for young people and support organisations to embrace and promote digital skills. We also help with the day-to-day stuff, like affordable office space, discounted training courses, funding opportunities and information and support to help people set up and run their organisations.
We recently created A young person’s guide to working and volunteering in Scotland’s third sector 2018‘ in collaboration with Youth and Philanthropy Initiative Scotland, which provides an overview of the third sector in Scotland.
- Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh EH3 6BB
- Hayweight House, 23 Lauriston Street, Edinburgh EH3 9DQ
- Brunswick House, 51 Wilson Street, Glasgow G1 1UZ
- Edward House, 199 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3BX
- Fairways House, Fairways Business Park, Slackbuie Avenue, Inverness IV2 6AA