To get you thinking, below are some ideas that could increase an organisation’s capacity to help people mitigate the impact of welfare reform and poverty.
- Pilot/test an idea you think might benefit your community
- Train staff/volunteers in benefits advice
- Bring in-house an external benefits advisor
- Develop new systems to track referrals and progress and aid networking between organisations
- Set up or provide time for staff to take part in networks around welfare reform
- Build local partnerships to ensure clients are more effectively supported
- Develop a volunteer recruitment programme
- Facilitate knowledge and experience sharing – hosting events with partner organisations, inter-agency job shadowing etc.
- Develop innovative support for local people e.g. cheaper food, community food sources, budgeting workshops, peer support groups
Remember, applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- How their proposal will expand/develop the organisation’s capacity in order to meet demand relating to welfare reform
- How it will help bring organisations together in partnership to support people
- How it will develop people’s ability to prevent themselves from reaching crisis point
Page last modified on 23rd January 2020