- Amina - the Muslim Women's Resource Centre
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Anytime between Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
Amina the Muslim Women's Resource Centre is a national organisation which works with Muslim women by giving them opportunities to have their voices heard and to improve their skills and become more confident in participating in their own communities and at a wider level.
The post holder’s time will be divided between office administration and project delivery support. The Admin and Development Assistant will be able to provide support on a range of office administrative functions such as handling call and drop in queries, ensuring office systems are operating in an efficient and timely manner, and undertake other administrative duties such as meeting minute taking and handling office petty cash. The post holder will offer project admin support to Project Officers through a variety of tasks such as engaging with Muslim/Minority Ethnic women in different settings, gathering project related data/information through a range of assessment tools and undertake marketing and outreach activities in Dundee. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is seeking a wide range of administrative and development experience within a nationally recognised charity.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To assist the Administration Officer in the delivery of office administration responsibilities by providing a reception function to telephonic and face to face enquiries
2. To ensure office systems run smoothly, are up to date and fulfil Amina’s internal and external compliance policies
3. To take minutes of meetings as and when required
4. To undertake cash handling as delegated
5. To support Project Officers in making arrangements for conferences, seminars, trainings, workshops and other events
6. To support Project Officers in the delivery and facilitation of workshops, training and events
7. Be aware of confidentiality and adhere to practice within the boundaries of the General Data Protection Regulation.
8. Participate in staff meetings as required; and participate in regular support and supervision sessions.
9. Provide administrative support to Project Officers and Office Manager as and when requested.
10. Any other duties in line with this post as directed by the post holders line manager.
Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of people.
2. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a wide range of tasks with competing priorities and deadlines.
3. Ability to use a range of functions in IT packages in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and Internet systems including Facebook and twitter.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills in particular warmth, tact, discretion, diplomacy, empathy and imagination
5. Strong customer service skills and experience.
6. Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity to the opinions of others.
7. Ability to produce accurate written minutes and notes of meetings.
8. Experience of working in an admin capacity, volunteering or paid
9. Experience of maintaining an office handling system
10. Experience of organising events