Charity registered in Scotland SC040094
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesWe are the national charity for homeless people. We help people directly out of homelessness and campaign for the changes needed to solve it altogether.
- Job number
- Old Town
- Time of attendance
- 5 Hours per day, Mon-Fri
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.19 per hour
• Undertake general administrative tasks including filing and photocopying, using existing office systems and procedures.
• Provide practical and administrative support on local and national events
• Liaise with partner organisations by telephone, email and in person
• Support staff with responses to enquiries from the community
• Monitor stock and purchase of office sundries, including milk and stamps
• Organise and monitor recycling collections and supplies
• Occasional reception duties including:
- answer the phone and door, greet visitors and deal with incoming queries directly or by signposting to appropriate member of staff.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Maintain the reception area to ensure it is clean, tidy and information leaflets are kept current and stocked.
• Actively encourage and support member involvement within Crisis
• Develop an understanding of homelessness and Crisis’ aims
• Follow Crisis policies and procedures, including health and safety
• Carry out other reasonable duties that may be required
1. Ability to follow direction and take initiative as and when required
2. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of people
3. Ability to prioritise, and good time-management skills
4. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups using a variety of media
5. Capacity to work on your own and as part of a team, with a willingness to reflect upon and develop own practice
6. Good working knowledge of using MS Office (including Word, Excel & Outlook) and the internet
7. An awareness and interest in social media
8. Commitment to Crisis’ purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
9. Experience of working in an office, with knowledge of administrative processes
10. Understanding of the issues currently affecting homeless people
11. Experience of working within the voluntary or education sectors
Additional informationWe encourage applications from all sections of the community and particularly from people who have lived experience of homelessness. Closing date for receipt of applications is 28th October 19...
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership