- Made4u In ML2
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Must be willing to work a flexible work pattern to fit in group based work.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- As per Work Pattern with hour for lunch
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £ 8.21 per hour depending on age
The CJS Community Workers duties will include:
- Supporting and assisting with the development of various youth groups in and around the centre;
- Playing a key part in delivering groups and activities for children;
- Working alongside MADE4U’s Community Development Work team to compile a community audit which informs the offering of the project;
- Engaging with and supporting community members through a variety of community groups, including: the walking group; afterschool and toddlers groups; and arts and crafts groups;
- To undertake the preparation, administration and evaluation necessary to fulfil the duties of the post, organisation and project.
- Assist the MADE4U’s Community Development Work team with appropriate recording and reporting;
- Undertake appropriate planning and preparation for groups;
- To provide informal education sessions on topics of concern to young people as well as providing support to young people in completing CV’s, applying for courses, etc
- Attending networking and partnership meetings as required;
- Ensuring groups and activities comply with policy and groups have undertaken appropriate risk assessments (alongside with MADE4U team);
- Assisting centre staff in providing activities for a variety of groups of differing ages and abilities;
- Assisting with organising centre events and outreaches;
- Any other duties as agreed, within reason, for the smooth running of the centre.
Experience of working with children, vulnerable adults and community groups
Experience in a number of ‘community work’ settings (can be voluntary)
Commitment to equality and inclusion with all groups
Willingness to learn about the needs of local people
Ability to relate to a wide range of people
Organised, flexible and able to self-motivate
Strong people skills
Good communication skills; written and verbal
Excellent understand of IT including word processing, social media, email, internet applications, etc
Willing to accept direction and feedback
Ability to work as part of a team
Flexible approach to working venues and hours
Willingness to undertake training and development as required.
Additional informationThe postholder should be self-motivated and able to provide motivation and support to other colleagues and should be able to demonstrate this in their application and at interview.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership