Cadder Housing Association Ltd
Charity registered in Scotland SC036455
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Cadder, Glasgow
- Time of attendance
- Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm with potential for or flexibility to offer evenings 5pm-9pm or weekend shifts
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Weekdays: Mon - Fri (9am-5pm) Weekday Back Shift: 5pm-9pm Weekends occassional 9am-5pm
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 depending on age of candidate
The traineeship will provide employability training and work experience for the job role of Community Centre Operative with the main tasks of the post being:
1. Ensure the Community Centre and associated areas of the site are in proper order for business.
2. Ensure the Community Centre is safe and secure
3. Undertake maintenance and cleaning of the centre, including use of a floor buffing machine.
4. Customer service support for external hirers using the facilities, providing information, advice and assistance with routine general enquiries and via telephone calls.
5. Make booking for let of community centre halls, functions and events, as well as individual booking for the gym, snooker or other services and activities in the centre.
6. Assisting as required with preparation and distribution of Community Centres marketing material.
7. Assisting as required for the preparation of hires, moving tables, chairs and other equipment.
8. To work on a shift rota basis and cover weekends and evenings when required.
9. To manage cash payments and provide receipts for customers and manage basic financial record keeping associated with duties.
The Essential Criteria for the candidate to possess or work towards to hold this post would be:
• Excellent organisational skills
• Understanding of safe working practices and health and safety
• Some understanding of building management issues
• Maintaining accurate records and data
• Excellent Team working ability
• Excellent communication skills with children and adults
• Excellent Customer Service skills.
• Ability to understand and follow procedures
The Desirable Criteria for the candidate to possess or work towards to hold this post would be:
• Previous caretaking and cleaning experience in community centre
• Experience of managing contractors/ suppliers working on site
• Previous responsibility for health and safety issues
• Previous security and/ or key holder responsibility
• IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
• Cash Handling responsibility
Additional informationCommunity Centre Operatives provide a vital front line service to enable the smooth running and operation of the Centre by taking responsibility for all aspects of operation of centre facilities, services and activities.