- Well-Fed Scotland CIC
Aims & objectivesWell-Fed CIC was established in 2017 to help build stronger communities through addressing food poverty and reducing social isolation. Activities include: - Community cafe, plus free community events such as community BBQs and buffets. - Breakfast clubs for chidren
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Applicants will be required to work 35 hours per week, 5 days over 7. Working hours will generally be between 9am and 7pm however, there may be occasions where an earlier start or later finish is required.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9 per hour
Customer Service Assistant
Well-Fed (Scotland) are offering an exciting opportunity in the role of customer service assistant. This is an exciting opportunity that will allow the successful applicant to gain excellent customer service skills and experience and also gain an understanding of how community development is practiced in a real-world situation. The successful applicant need not have direct customer service experience as full training will be provided, although should have an interest in customer service, a willingness to learn and positive attitude to challenging situations. This position may be of particular interest to applicants with an interest in further or higher education.
Hour of work – Applicants will be required to work 35 hours per week, 5 days over 7. Working hours will generally be between 9am and 7pm however, there may be occasions where an earlier start or later finish is required. Shifts may vary on a week to week basis however shifts will be provided in advance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer service: you will be responsible for ensuring a smooth customer experience i.e. taking customer orders, communicating these to the Kitchen, ensuring that orders received from the kitchen are correct, serving the customer order to their table
- Preparing and Serving Hot and Cold Drinks – full Barista training will be provided
- Cash Handling – You will be required to handle cash transactions and ensure that orders recorded accurately on the till system
- Planning and Preparation – You will be required to check the diary on a daily basis for pre-booked catering and ensure that all catering is delivered to the correct location in a timely fashion
- Accurate Recording – you will be required to keep accurate recordings of invoices, bookings, customer accounts, etc.
- Stock management – You will be required to replenish front of house stock i.e. tea / coffee / juice / Fruit / cakes / biscuits etc. and record when stock levels are low
- Cleaning – You will be required to ensure that the serving counter and restaurant areas are clean at all times, this will involve the clearing and cleaning of tables, floors, preparation areas, serving areas, coffee machine, etc. During busy periods you may also be requires to assist kitchen staff with the cleaning of dishes etc.
- A mature attitude and able to gain credibility and trust from clients and staff alike
- Anticipates client needs and ensures it is done to high standards
- Excellent customer service skills and understanding
- Smart and Professional Appearance
- The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Demonstrate tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to work within organisational Policies and Procedures
- A commitment to community run services and to providing equality of opportunity
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work flexible hours