Perth & District YMCA
Charity registered in Scotland SC023796
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesYMCA in Perth focuses on building positive and supportive relationships with young people. Most young people want "somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to" and Perth YMCA tries to provide that in ways that suit many different individuals. This is normally done through one of their many projects or one to support.
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Monday-Friday. 6 to 8 hours per day. Generally starting times will vary between 10am and 1pm as evening work will be required on a regular basis. 9pm Latest finish.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- plus possible weekends (hours and times to be agreed with supervision)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age.
1. To seek to build positive relationships with young people aged 5 -19 with whom Perth YMCA have contact through the various programmes available to them.
2. To participate in team meetings led by the operations manager and to accept responsibility to deliver appropriate parts of the youth work programme as part of the staff team.
3. To deliver one to one support and groupwork to young people involved in projects or programmes.
4. To provide information as appropriate, through your line manager or to funding bodies as required.
5. To attend, where necessary, meetings of partnership groups and meetings with existing or potential funders. This would be done in discussion with your line manager.
6. To participate in regular line management meetings for Management, Supervision and Development.
7. To ensure compliance of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1979 applicable to the job and to attend in-house manual handling and fire safety as requested.
8.To develop a robust marketing and administration system to promote the good work of YMCA.
9. To nurture the physical, emotional and spiritual growth of young people and develop their leadership potential.
10. To encourage social interaction and inter-generational relationships to form between both young people and older people and to help young people integrate into the life of the wider community.
11. To ensure delivery of the Youth Work Model.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest to train and develop as a Children's and Youth worker.
An individual who is passionate about empowering change within young people and supporting them to realise their potential.
A flexible and open minded attitude to young people and their needs.
A willingness to contribute to general administration and cleaning duties.
Ability to work well both individually and within a team.
A valid UK Driving License is desirable but not essential.
Additional informationNo experience is necessary just a flexible willingness to learn.
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership