- The Salvation Army
Aims & objectivesNot supplied
- Job number
- Glenrothes - Furniture
- Time of attendance
- 5 x 5 hr shifts
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Between 9am -4.30pm Mon-Sat (5 days out of 6)
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 to £8.21 according to age
Glenrothes Furniture Project & Bride to Bride
Role – Van/Warehouse Assistant
To support the Project Manager in running of Glenrothes Furniture Project and Bride to Bride.
Project Manager/Assistant Manager
Summary of tasks:
• Prepare items for delivery.
• Loading and unloading of the van.
• Delivery and collections of items to and from customers’ homes.
• Sort and process new donations of furniture, bridal clothing, books and general bric-a-brac
• Greeting customers and helping the shop to have a welcoming and friendly environment
• Operate the till and serve customers
• Ensure shop is kept clean and tidy
• Interest in and sympathy with the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army
• Ability to lift and carry heavy and bulky items
• Organised and methodical
• Good customer service skills
• Good team player
• Able to listen well and take instruction
• Commitment to safeguarding and protecting vulnerable children/adults and a willingness to raise concerns where necessary
• Salvation Army training via I-Learn portal or at a training day, on-site training with the Project Manager/Assistant Manager.
Person specificationNot supplied
Additional informationDo you have good communication skills and want to help others? Are you wanting a new challenge and are you willing to undertake new tasks? The successful candidates must be able to work within the Christian ethos of The Salvation Army
Required - can start subject to a successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership