Scottish Historic Buildings Trust
Charity registered in Scotland SC034507
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesScottish Historic Buildings Trust (SHBT) is a charitable Building Preservation Trust (BPT) based in Scotland but with a remit to operate throughout the UK. SHBT undertakes its own BPT projects as well as helping community groups, other Trusts and individuals to identify, fund and deliver lively, viable and sustainable new uses for cherished historic buildings whose survival is threatened by disuse, dereliction or demolition.
- Job number
- Edinburgh OldTown
- Time of attendance
- Mon 9 - 1, Tues - Fri 9 - 12 Hours are negotiable, Some weekend and evening work will be required to cover events.
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Not supplied
- Salary (£/hr)
- £6.15 - £8.21 per hour depending on age
• Reception: admitting and welcoming visitors to the building; answering telephone calls and transferring as appropriate; dealing with general telephone, email or personal enquiries, selling merchandise.
• Servicing meetings and events: setting up meeting rooms as required; moving tables and chairs as per required configuration, providing refreshments; clearing away used dishes, rubbish and recycling; re-setting rooms.
• Administration: issuing and filing signing-in sheets, room booking forms etc; producing administrative and financial reports as requested.
• Office tasks: dealing with incoming and outgoing post, photocopying, shredding, monitoring office supplies, filing
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Building management: open and lock up all internal doors if required, put out waste and recycling bins on appropriate days, ensure courtyard kept free from debris, make sure all public areas of the building are tidy and clean
• Assist with SHBT events
• Adhere to all SHBT policies and procedures.
• Friendly, welcoming, customer-focussed with a positive attitude.
• The consistent ability to follow agreed systems and procedures.
• A can do attitude.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
• Good, clear written and spoken communication skills