Midlothian Sure Start
Charity registered in Scotland SC031038
- Good HQ
Aims & objectivesTo promote social inclusion through a positive start in young people's lives, personal growth and development of the very youngest children ( 0-3 ) before they start pre-school education, community based, family focused, support to parents through a variety of mechanisms to strengthen parents ability and maximise their childrens potential
- Job number
- Time of attendance
- Rota between the hours of Mon-Fri 7:30am-6.00pm (30 min unpaid Lunch Break)
- No of references
- Hours (per week)
- Hours agreed in advance
- Salary (£/hr)
- £9.30 per hour
• Collect and drop off staff and families, between centres, on trips and to attend meetings.
• Collect, sort and deliver food to centres.
• Collect and deliver meals to centres.
• Ensure the Minbus has adequate insurance and road tax.
• Ensure the Minibus is well maintained and clean.
• Perform regular checks on the Minbus addressing any concerns.
• Work as part of a team.
• Attend monthly support and supervision sessions.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Purchase provisions as and when needed for the Centres.
To adopt an approach which challenges within self and others, attitudes, assumptions and behaviours which discriminate, prevent participation and foster disadvantage. In all areas of work to show a commitment to implementing Equal Opportunity Policy, including monitoring and evaluation.
A full clean UK Driving Licence, held for the past 3 years is required.
Experience of driving a minibus is desired but not essential. An understanding of the difficulties experienced by vulnerable families and good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Required - Cannot start until successful Disclosure/PVG scheme membership is received