SCVO media release
27 January 2016
The Scottish Charity Awards are open for entries
Charities and their supporters’ right across Scotland are being encouraged to apply for the 2016 Scottish Charity Awards by the Wednesday 18 March deadline.
The awards, which are free to enter, are organised by the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) and celebrate the work of charities, community groups and individuals who are dedicated to making Scotland a better and fairer place for everyone to live.
John Downie, Director of Public Affairs at the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations, said:
“Charities and other third sector organisations are committed to changing the lives of people across the country and to raising awareness of important causes. The Scottish Charity Awards are a great opportunity to shine a light on the huge difference charities make to life in Scotland.
““We’d like to hear from organisations large and small, and staff and volunteers in all parts of Scotland who have done amazing work this year and are really dedicated to their cause.”
There are six categories to choose from:
- Charity of the Year
- Celebrating Communities
- Perfect Partnership
- Cracking Campaign
- Charity Champion (this award goes to a volunteer or patron)
- Exceptional Employee (this award goes to a paid member of staff)
- Digital Dynamo (an organisation that’s bridging the digital divide)
The shortlist for the 2016 Scottish Charity Awards will be announced later in spring and the winners will be revealed at an awards ceremony on 9 June 2016 in the Assembly Rooms, Edinburgh.
Notes to editors:
- The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations is the membership organisation for Scotland’s charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises. The Scottish third sector turns over £4.5 billion a year and employs 138,000 people in over 45,000 organisations. For more on SCVO see www.scvo.org.uk
- The Scottish Charity Awards are free to enter for any voluntary organisation, charity, community group or individual charity volunteer or staff member. Details of how to enter the 2016 awards and application forms are available at the Scottish Charity Awards website
- For more details, please contact Charlotte McNeill, Communications & Press Officer, SCVO on 0779 060 1995