Election predictions, welfare policy and human rights with Aidan Collins, HIV Scotland
In the fourth of SCVO’s Policy Podcasts, Policy Officer Jenny Bloomfield talks to Aidan Collins, Head of Policy and Campaigning at HIV Scotland.
Listen below to find out:
- What Aidan’s predictions are for the upcoming General Election
- What impact UK welfare reforms are having on the people HIV Scotland work with
- And why the protection of the Human Rights Act is so important to everyone in Scotland
In the SCVO Policy Podcast series, Jenny will take ten minutes out to discuss current news, legislation, ideas and policy with people from the third sector. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIV Scotland is the national body for HIV Scotland is the national HIV policy charity for Scotland: they speak out for people living with or at risk of HIV. They want a society which is well-informed about HIV and devoid of HIV-related stigma and discrimination.
HIV Scotland provides:
- Knowledge and expertise to help inform and deliver strong policies and effective strategies
- Expert advice and a voice for HIV in Scotland
- Information, training and resources
- Signposting to evidence, expertise and community experience
- Opportunities to engage with others in shaping policy and practice
Find out more on the HIV Scotland website.