Sponsorship, advertising and other opportunities
SCVO are looking to have three complementary sponsors for The Gathering in 2019 as well as a media partner. Supporting The Gathering as a sponsor will give you great brand exposure and comes with a fantastic package of benefits.
Since 2004 The Gathering has:
- Attracted around 44,052 visitors
- Brought together 1,666 exhibitors
- Delivered 668 workshop events
The Objectives of The Gathering are:
- To bring together the third sector alongside government, politicians, business and the media to learn, network, engage and make a difference to communities and individuals in Scotland
- Raise the profile of the work of the third sector and SCVO
Headline figures for The Gathering 2018
- 108 exhibitors
- 62 events took place
- 2,818 visitors over the 2 days
- 1,969 tweets sent with the #scvogathering hashtag from 848 accounts
- 10,065 unique visitors to The Gathering website. They accounted for 15,335 sessions and 51,921 page views
- #scvogathering trending in the UK, Edinburgh and Glasgow
- 781, 977 impressions of @scvotweet #scvogathering posts
- 4,236 engagements with @scvotweet #scvogathering posts
- media coverage reaches 1.5 million people
The Gathering 2019:
The Gathering 2019 will again take place at the SEC in Glasgow, and will incorporate other key third sector events and exhibitions, bring together more delegates and exhibitors, and will have greater exposure.
The 2019 Gathering will be launched in September and will be promoted through a comprehensive marketing and communications plan, which includes its own dedicated website linked to the main SCVO website and our partners’ websites.
This allows sponsors to in effect have a 6 month engagement with the Scottish third sector and wider civil society through our communications and marketing – a significant benefit which adds increased value to the sponsorship package.
What’s new for 2019
We have some exciting new developments for 2019’s event, our programme is having a refresh and will have a greater variation of events including a leadership programme. We’re also creating more opportunities for small organisations and social enterprises to be part of the exhibition and marketplace, and we’ll be working with some new partners and organisations to re-energise The Gathering for our visitors.
- Acknowledged as sponsor on The Gathering website, includes your logo and a link to your website on the sponsors’ page and your logo on the footer of the website
- Logo and acknowledgment on all Gathering electronic marketing which includes communication with SCVO’s 1,900+ members and previous Gathering attendees – these will be sent out 12 times throughout the year in the run-up to the event
- Opportunity to highlight your work, programmes or involvement at The Gathering through the above electronic marketing communications
- Highlighted as sponsors in features in Third Force News, average monthly page views 84,000
- Logo on all Gathering adverts in Third Force News over a 6 month period
- Advert in the Third Force News Gathering special given to all 3,000 visitors
- Mentioned as sponsor on all press related work and press releases
- Access through SCVO to 3,000+ pre-registered delegate email addresses for pre and post event communication purposes
Gathering participation and involvement
- Event room to host two events or workshops
- Exhibition stand in a prominent position within the marketplace
- Opportunity to have an insert/flier handed out to all 3,000 visitors
- Logo on Gathering t-shirts worn by staff and volunteers at the event
- Logo on all venue signage including event rooms, TV screens and directional signage
- Opportunity to address all delegates at key points over the two days
- Opportunity for you to be part of our new leadership programme where you will have access to 200 third sector leaders
Additional brand exposure
- Additional branding will be given to sponsors through welcome signage and posters around the city of Glasgow at George Square, Clyde walkway, various subway stations and taxis, exact locations and timings still to be determined
The above package is available at £7,500 plus VAT.